Monday, April 23, 2012

USB hub stopped working

After recent system update my keyboard and mouse connected via USB hub stopped working, although flash drive and external HDD were still recognized perfectly.
Further investigation showed the keyboard worked when I switched to tty1, but did not work after switching back to tty7, or graphical tty. This pointed me to a bug in Xorg, perhaps KDE.
After couple of days I found a really simple solution that work great for me.
All you need to do is add following lines into xorg.conf.d:

Section "ServerFlags"
Option "AutoAddDevices" "false"
EndSection


EDIT: this workaround disables multimedia keys on keyboard, so this is not a good solution if you need/want to use them. This strange behavior is caused by udev, as it is handling connected devices.

No comments:

Post a Comment